Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The damn dog is crazy...

So I think my son's dog is having an identity crisis. Forever, I've thought this dog believed he was human. He'll talk to you as if you are supposed to know what he is saying. He opens the refrigerator door and helps himself to a snack.
He takes naps with his human brother.



But, his latest stunt defies all logic. Apparently he is having an identity crises and believes he is a cat. While visiting my house this weekend, all he wanted to do was play with my Maine Coon cat George. Unfortunately George was having none of it, and was eventually chased up the tree. Did this deter Benji?

Oh, hell no!

Benji just thought he'd join him up there.

Ever seen a dog climb a tree???


Crazy dog!!

So, please, share some of your crazy animal stories with us. I wont feel so alone.

Debbie

10 comments:

  1. That is incredible! WOW! I don't think I have anything that could top that. My two labs act "human" in the sense that they can NOT sleep anywhere but on the bed with us at night with their heads on down pillows. Granted, I'm sure we could have trained them otherwise, but they're our children (along with our other two humanoids) and I feel they deserve it. They give us so much happiness and love us unconditionally.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I know. Our lab takes up more room in the bed than we do, and heaven forbid you disturb the beagle mix when he's sleeping on your feet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL He just wanted to play. My daughter brought home a 2 week old kitten and I was playing kitten sounds on the computer and my cat Luna started growling at it she is 1 I found her in my garden and she isn't too sure about the new baby. Cyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, she's just a baby herself, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had a poodle who used to climb the fence so she could run around the neighborhood, visiting her doggie pals. But she knew where home was, though. She was always back over the fence in time for dinner! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have three cats that love nothing better then a bubble bath or hopping in the shower with you... wet cat hair so not fun. Now I lock the sneaky buggers out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dog Greta used to be absolutely bonkers for rocks. She would drop them in front of you and bark until you threw it. So one day we started putting them in trees. She climbed the tree to get it. She climbed a ladder once to get it and would run through hayfields like a gazzel to find it. She would even go underwater to get the stupid things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Norma. Not too many a kitty like the water. I always dress in full battle gear when its time to bathe them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Kathy! I know all about the rock obsession. We had a cocker spaniel that did that. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Norma, one of mine does the shower thing too. When I come home from a run, she busts past me on the stairs to make sure that I don't go in there and lock her out. And if I get distracted and start doing other things (like, say, get a glass of water) before going upstairs, she'll come down and "gently remind" me that she's still waiting.

    ReplyDelete